Cabbage/Potato/Leek & Sausage Soup
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced 1/4″
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced leeks
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 6 cups beef stock
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 pounds red potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage in hot oil in large stockpot for 2 minutes. Add leeks. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add garlic. Sauté for 30 seconds.
- Stir in stocks, cabbage and potatoes. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Ladle into soup cups. Stir 1 Tbsp. cheese into each serving. Top with croutons.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0