Buttermilk Cinnamon Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine oil and 3/4 cup sugar. Add buttermilk and egg; mix well. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased 9×5-inch loaf pan about one-third full. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle half over batter.
- Top with remaining batter and cinnamon sugar. Swirl batter with a knife. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350º for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0