Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine
- 18 chicken wings, disjointed, tips discarded
- vegetable oil for fryingBlue Cheese Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 lb blue cheese, Roquefort or Gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- hot pepper sauce to taste
STEP BY STEP:
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add hot sauce and remove from the heat.
- In a large frying pan or deep-fat fryer, heat 1″ of oil to 375. Fry wings in batches without crowding until golden brown, 12 1/2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Brush wings with spicy butter. Serve warm with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce.
- For Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce: In small bowl, mash the blue cheese, leaving some small lumps. Whisk in the mayonnaise until blended. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, wine vinegar, and hot pepper sauce; whisk until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve