- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets or frozen cut broccoli
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- In a 3 quart saucepan cook the chopped onion in butter or margarine till tender but now brown.
- Stir in flour, chicken bouillon granules, mustard, thyme and pepper. Add milk and water all at once. Cook and stir over medium high heat until thickened and bubbly. Stir in broccoli flowerets or frozen cut broccoli and cubed ham into saucepan.
- Return to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer for 4 to 6 minutes more or till the broccoli is tender and the soup is heated through, stirring occasionally.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0