Broccoli Cheese Pie , Tyler Morning Telegraph
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
11 grams fat
8 grams protein
17 grams carbohydrate
47 milligrams cholesterol
336 milligrams sodium
2.6 milligrams beta carotene
- 10 oz Broccoli (into long-stemmed florets, blanched, drained)
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 cup Evaporated Skim Milk
- 1 each Carrot, sliced thin, blanched
- 1 each Egg
- 1 each Small Red Pepper (cut in julienne strips)
- 3 1/2 oz Feta
- 1 each Pie Shell (8-inch)
STEP BY STEP:
- Preheat oven to 325″.
- Place one layer of broccoli in pie shell or directly into 8-inch pie dish.
- Crumble cheese on top, cover with remaining broccoli, arranging it with stems pointing center and the flowers to the outside. Add the carrots and red pepper.
- Mix egg, oregano and evaporated skim milk. Pour over vegetables.
- Bake loosely covered with foil for one hour or until filling is set.
- Uncover for last 10 minutes of baking.