Bran Butterscotch Refrigerator Cookies
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup shortening (other than butter)
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup bran
3 cups sifted flour
2 teaspoons Rumford Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Cream butter and shortening together until well blended.
2. Add brown sugar gradually, beating until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs one by one.
4. Add the bran.
5. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together and work into the creamed mixture.
6. When well blended, roll into 2 rolls 2 inches in diameter and wrap in waxed paper. Store in refrigerator.
7. When firm, slice thin and bake on greased cookie sheet in a hot oven (400° F.) 10 to 12 minutes.
8. Mixture will keep in refrigerator a week or more.
Makes 8 dozen.