- 5 medium Granny Smith apples
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 heads Bibb lettuce — torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup pistachio nuts — toasted
- 3/4 cup crumbled Stilton cheese (3 oz)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fat-free cholesterol-free egg product
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Shake all ingredients in tightly covered container.
1. Make Raspberry Vinaigrette.
2. Core apples; cut each into 8 wedges. Sprinkle with cinnamon; set aside.
3. Toss lettuce, nuts and vinaigrette in large nonmetal bowl. Divide among 10 chilled plates.
4. Place 4 apple wedges around each salad. Sprinkle cheese over salad. Serve immediately.