Blueberry Pecan French Toast
- a 12” French or sourdough baguette (fresh, not day-old)
- 4 organic egg whites
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated if desired
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (toasted if desired)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Spray a 9” square baking dish with cooking oil. Cut 9 to10 one-inch slices from the baguette and arrange in the baking dish.
- In a large bowl whisk the whites until frothy, then whisk in the milk, nutmeg, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar. Pour evenly over bread, turning slices to coat evenly, cover pan, and chill at least 8 hours or overnight, until liquid is absorbed by bread.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Sprinkle pecans and blueberries evenly over bread.
- In a small bowl stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar and canola oil.
- Spoon sugar mixture evenly over bread and bake about 20 minutes, until liquid from blueberries is bubbling.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0