Blueberry Lattice Pie
- 6 cups fresh blueberries or 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 teaspoons Equal(r) for Recipes or 27 packets Equal(r) sweetener or 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Equal(r) Spoonful(tm)
- Reduced-Fat Pie Pastry (2 recipes for double crust) or favorite pastry for double crust 9-inch pie
- Toss blueberries and lemon juice in large bowl. Sprinkle with combined cornstarch and Equal(r) and toss to coat. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Roll half of pastry on lightly floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie pan. Ease pastry into pan; trim within 1 inch of edge of pan. Roll remaining pastry to 1/8 -inch thickness; cut into 10 to 12 strips, 1/2 inch wide.
- Pour blueberry mixture into pastry. Arrange pastry strips over filling and weave into lattice design. Trim ends of lattice strips; fold edge of lower crust over ends of lattice strips. Seal and flute edge.
- Bake in preheated 425°F oven until crust is browned and filling is bubbly, about 1 hour. Cover edge of crust with aluminum foil if browning too quickly.
- Cool on wire rack; refrigerate leftovers.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0