Blueberry Bran Muffins
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
106 Calories, 0.9 g Fat, 4.2 g Protein, 0 mg Cholesterol, 145 mg Sodium, 2.9 g Fiber, 47 mg Calcium, 138 mg Potassium, 0.8 mg Iron.
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup oat bran or wheat bran
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup vanilla or lemon nonfat yogurt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 egg whites
STEP BY STEP:
- Combine the flour, bran, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder and stir to mix well.
- Add the yogurt, egg whites, and vanilla extract and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in the blueberries.
- Coat muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray, and fill 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake at 350� for 16 to 18 minutes, or just until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven, and allow it to sit for 5 minutes before removing the muffins. Serve warm or at room temperature.