Blue-Ribbon Mincemeat Pie Filling
- 6 cups lean ground beef
- 12 cups chopped apples, peeled and cored
- 6 cups raisins
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 3 1/2 cups white sugar
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef thoroughly, being sure not to overbrown it.
- Place chopped apples and the cooked ground beef in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is made up of pea sized chunks
- In a non-stick skillet combine the apples and ground beef mixture with the raisins, apple cider, ground cinnamon, ground allspice, ground nutmeg and the white sugar. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cool filling to lukewarm and pour into freezer bags (2 cups per bag). Freeze filling until needed. One baggie will fill one 8 inch double crust pie. Thaw filling before using.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0