Blackberry Yogurt Muffins
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 2 1/2 cup variety baking mix (like bisquik)
- 1 tsp chopped lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, washed and dried
- 1 cup plain or honey yogurt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 1 large egg
STEP BY STEP:
- Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle berries with sugar; toss lightly to coat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg; add yogurt and melted butter or margarine; beat until smooth; add baking mix; stir until just blended; fold in berries and lemon zest.
- Spoon mixture into greased or sprayed muffin cups, 3 inch in diameter and 1-1/2 inch deep.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in cups; finish cooling on rack.