Black Forest Pie
- 3/4 C. sugar
- 1/3 C. cocoa
- 2 T. flour
- 1/3 C. milk
- 1/4 C. butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inch)
- whipped topping, optional
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, flour and milk until smooth. Add butter. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into the eggs.
- Return all to pan. Fold in half of the pie filling. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350º for 35-40 minutes or until filling is almost set.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Just before serving, top with remaining pie filling and whipped topping, if desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0