Black Bottom Pie
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1-1/4 cups ground chocolate wafer cookies
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup plus 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1-1/4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1-1/4 oz semisweet chocolate
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/4 Tbsp. unflavored gelatin soaked in 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 Tbsp. Rum
- Mix butter and chocolate wafers into crumbs, press into pie pan, chill.
- Put milk in a double boiler, combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, and egg yolks. Cook and stir until custard coats spoon. Remove 1 cup of custard and add chocolate and vanilla, pour into chilled cracker crust. Add gelatin to remaining custard, cool. Add Rum.
- Beat egg whites, adding remaining sugar slowly. When stiff, fold in gelatin-custard mixture. Pile on top of chocolate custard in crust.
- Set in refrigerator 8 to 10 hours.
Note: Use one pint of fresh whipped cream for topping and garnish with cookies crumbs
Share & Print
0 0 100 0