Black Bean Soup
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) black beans, undrained, divided
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (optional)
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Place 1 can of beans with liquid and broth in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth. Coat large saucepan with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add blended bean mixture, remaining beans and liquid, salsa, lime juice, cumin and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve topped with yogurt. Garnish with cilantro.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0