Bite-Size Taco Turnovers
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 10-ounce package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/4 cup shredded American cheese or cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- For filling, cook ground beef in a small skillet until brown. Drain off fat. Stir in taco sauce, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Unroll pizza dough. Roll dough into a 14×10-1/2-inch rectangle. Cut into twelve 3-1/2-inch squares. Divide filling among dough squares. Sprinkle with cheese. Brush edges with water. Lift one corner of each square and stretch dough to the opposite corner, making a triangle. Press edges well with a fork to seal.
- Arrange on a greased baking sheet. Prick with fork. Combine egg and the 1 teaspoon water; brush onto turnovers. Bake in a 425 degree F. oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0