Best Chicken Satay
- 6 Chicken breast halves, boned, skinned, and cut into 1/2″ wide strips
- 1 tablespoon Light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Curry powder
- 2 tablespoon Crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- Crushed dried chile peppers
- 2/3 cup Crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Molasses (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon Fresh ginger root, grated
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Chicken broth
- Cayenne pepper
- Grated lime zest
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
- To make the marinade, combine the first 7 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Thread the chicken strips onto bamboo skewers in a serpentine fashion.
- Place the skewers into the soy sauce mixture and let marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours, although overnight is preferable.
- Make the peanut sauce by combining the next 7 ingredients (peanut butter through garlic) in a saucepan.
- Season to taste with cayenne pepper. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce is as thick as heavy cream (about 15 minutes).
- Transfer to a food processor or blender and pure briefly. Add chicken broth and cream and blend until smooth.
- This mixture can be made several hours ahead and stored in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Prepare moderate-hot charcoal coals or preheat a broiler.
- Cook the skewered chicken, turning several times and basting with the marinade, until crispy on the outside but still moist on the inside, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle grilled chicken with lime zest and garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve with the peanut sauce for dipping.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0