- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup cream
- 3/4 fresh or unthawed berries
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cloves.
- Cut butter into mixture until it resembles a course meal.
- Set aside 2 tsp. cream. Add remaining cream and berries to dry ingredients.
- Mix lightly with fork until mixture clings together and forms a stiff dough.
- Knead on floured board 5-6 times. Roll into 7″ round; cut into wedges.
- Place 1″ apart on greased baking sheet; pierce top and brush with cream.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Serve warm. Makes about 12 scones.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0