Beer Cheese Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can light beer
- 1 (14.75) ounce can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- bacon bits
- Melt the butter or margarine in a 4 1/2 quart soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce and stir well. Add the beer and raise the heat to high and boil for 3 minutes to evaporate the alcohol. Add the chicken broth and bring the soup back to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer.
- Combine the cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the half-and-half and shredded cheese to the soup. Stir constantly until the cheese melts. Then stir in the cornstarch mixture. Stir constantly until the soup is thick, about 2 minutes.
- Serve garnished with bacon bits.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0