Beef Stew with Chive Biscuits
- 1/2 c Bisquick
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 lb beef stew meat cut into 2″ cubes
- 1-2 T shortening
- 1/2 c canned tomatoes
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2/3 c sour cream
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Combine Bisquick, salt, pepper and paprika: coat meat with this mixture. Brown meat in a large skillet in hot shortening. Add vegetables and enough water to cover. Cook over low heat until meat is tender, about 2 hours. Add more water if necessary.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in sour cream and Worcestershire sauce. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Pour into 2 qt casserole. Place in 425° oven to keep hot while making biscuits.
- Place biscuits on hot mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes until biscuits are a delicate golden brown
- Stir 2 c Bisquick, 2/3 c sour cream, 1/3 c water and 1 T chopped chives to a soft dough.
- Beat vigorously 20 strokes util stiff but sticky.
- Place dough on floured board. Knead 8-10 times. Roll 1/2″ thick. Cut with floured 2″ cutter
Share & Print
0 0 100 0