- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 dozen peeled small white onions
- 1/2 lb. sliced mushrooms
- 2 1/2 lbs. lean stew beef, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. marjoram
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 Cup beef stock or bouillon
- 3/4 Cup Bacardi dark rum
- 2 Tbsp. cream sherry
- 2 sliced carrots
- 1 crushed garlic (I will surely use more)
- Heat butter in Dutch oven or large, deep casserole. Sauté onions until golden. Add mushrooms, cook 5 minutes, sir occasionally. Remove; set aside.
- Dredge beef cubes in flour, salt and pepper mixture. Heat oil in pan, brown meat on all sides, few at a time. Remove as soon as done.
- Pour off fat, add stock, 1/3 cup rum and sherry to pan. Stir over low heat to loosen brown bits. Add carrots, garlic, herbs and meat. Cover and simmer over low heat. Add more stock if necessary.
- After 1 1/2 hours, uncover pan, add sautéed onions, mushrooms and remaining rum. Cover and simmer 1/2 hour longer.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0