Beef And Ravioli Soup
- 1/2 pound boneless beef top sirloin, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 4 tablespoons flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) beef broth
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole tomatoes in juice, chopped, juice reserved
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add 1 package (9 oz.) refrigerated beef ravioli (or one 8-oz. package frozen beef tortellini)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Toss beef with 2 tablespoons flour in bowl. Melt butter in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef to Dutch oven and cook until beef is browned; transfer with slotted spoon to bowl.
- Add celery, carrot, onion, garlic, thyme and white pepper to Dutch oven. Cook, stirring, 3 minutes, until vegetables are lightly browned. Add reserved browned beef, broth, tomatoes in juice, 1 cup water and salt. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium and cook 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add ravioli and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 tablespoons flour and cornstarch with remaining 2 tablespoons water in cup until smooth. Stir into soup; bring to boil and boil 1 minute.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0