- 1-1/2 lb lean minced beef
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 oz – 1/2 cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 4-oz Cheddar cheese diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 10 fl oz / 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons corn flour
- juice of 1 orange
- Mix together beef onion and breadcrumbs.
- Season meat mixture with salt and pepper and divide into 30 balls. Flatten each ball out
- Place a piece of cheese in center then mold meat around cheese sealing it well to enclose cheese completely.
- To make the tangy sauce put tomato puree (paste) wine vinegar honey mustard Worcestershire sauce and stock into a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend cornflour smoothly with orange juice then stir into the sauce and simmer for 1 minute stirring all the time. Serve with the meatballs cooked in the hot oil
Share & Print
0 0 100 0