Bean And Sausage Soup
- 1/2 lb. dry, small white beans
- 5 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 8 oz. turkey sausage, sliced diagonally, 1/2 in. thick
- 1 cup diced red potatoes
- 2 tsp. vinegar
- 5 sprigs parsley, tied in bundle
- Wash beans and soak in 3 cups water overnight. Do not refrigerate
- For quick soak method, bring beans and 3 cups water to boil. Boil 3 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 1 hour. Drain and rinse beans.
- Add 5 cups fresh water, onion, salt, cumin, and pepper. Cover and simmer about 1 hour or until beans are almost tender.
- Add sausage and potatoes; simmer 20 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes and beans are tender. Stir in vinegar. Add parsley, turn off heat, and let set 10 minutes
- Remove parsley before serving.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0