Bean Curd Rolls
- 1 c Uncooked shortgrain rice
- 6 ea Dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tb Vegetable oil
- 1 ea Garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 sm Carrot, cut into 1″ slivers
- 3 ea Asparagus tips, cut into — 1/2″ pieces, diagonally
- 1/4 c Slivered bamboo shoots
- 1/4 c Ginkgo nuts, optional
- 2 ea Pitted dates, chopped
- 2 ea Green onions, sliced
- 1 tb Hoisin suce
- 2 tb Soy sauce
- 2 ts Rice wine/dry sherry
- 2 ts Sesame oil
- 6 ea Dried bean curd sheets, — soaked for a few minutes
- 1 tb Flour mixed with 1 tb water
- 6 tb Vegetable oil
- Cover rice with warm water & soak for 30 minutes. Drain. Line the inside of a steamer with a damp cheesecloth. Place rice on cheesecloth. Then cover & steam the rice over boiling water for 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cover mushrooms with warm water & soak for 30 minutes. Drain well. Cut off & discard stems. Thinly slice caps. Set aside.
- Place a wok over high heat till hot. Add oil, swirling to coat sides. Add garlic & cook, stirring for 10 seconds. Add carrot & asparagus & stir fry for 2 minutes. Add reserved mushrooms, bamboo shoots, nuts, dates, onions, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine or sherry & sesame oil. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Add rice & mix well.Transfer to a bowl & set aside.
- To make rolls, spread about 2 heaping tablespoonfuls of filling diagonally across a bean curd sheet. Keep remaining sheets covered to prevent drying. Fold bottom corner over filling to cover, then fold over right & left corners. Roll over once to enclose filling. Brush sides & top of triangle with flour & water mixture. Fold over to seal. Cover filled rolls with a damp clot while preparing the rest of the rolls.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 to 2 tb oil. Add rolls two at a time & cook for 2 minutes on each side, or till golden brown. Transfer to a heat proof dish & keep warm in a 200F oven while cooking remaining rolls.
Note: To serve, cut each roll into thirds.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0