Basic Vegetable Soup
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 3 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 2 cups fresh or canned tomatoes
- 6 cups low-salt chicken broth – 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 3 cups chopped vegetables (green beans, zucchini, cauliflower, corn, turnips, spinach, yellow squash, peas, sweet potato, cabbage, or turnips
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken, turkey, beef or fish (optional)
- Sauté onion, celery, and carrot in olive oil until tender.
- Add potato, tomatoes, chicken broth, black pepper and basil; bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add your choice of vegetables, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- If desired, add chicken, turkey, beef or fish after vegetables have been simmering for 10 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0