Basic Vanilla Pudding for Pie
- 1 baked pie shell
- 1/3 C. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 C. sugar
- This makes a small pie. You can double it for a big pie. Double cooking time.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp. butter or oleo and 1 tsp. vanilla.
- In a little bowl add 3 egg yolks, beat and add about 1/2 C. of the hot pudding and stir until a smooth paste. Add to the rest of the pudding and microwave 4 more minutes. This time stop microwave and stir every minute. Will be thick time you finish microwaving.
- Add l more C. of milk. Microwave for 4 minutes. You can stop & stir or not at this stage.
- Mix together and add 1 C. milk and stir until smooth.
Coconut Pie: Add coconut to your taste.
Chocolate Pie: Add 3 Tbsp. cocoa in your flour mixture when starting pie.
Peanut Butter Pie:Add 2 or 3 heaping Tbsp. of Peanut Butter, creamy or crunchy with vanilla.
Banana Pie: Add sliced bananas dipped in lemon juice. I don’t like the sharp taste of lemons on my bananas.