Basic Rumford Baking Powder Biscuits
2 cups sifted flour
3 teaspoons Rumford Baking Powder
1 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons shortening
2/3 cup milk (about)
1. Sift flour, Rumford Baking Powder, and salt together.
2. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Add milk to make a soft dough.
4. Turn out on floured surface and knead gently for 30 seconds. Roll out to 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch thickness.
5. Cut into rounds of desired size and place on greased baking pan.
6. Bake in hot oven (450° F.) 12-15 minutes.
Makes 18 biscuits (2 inch diameter).