Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1/2 tsp salt (very important)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs (or equivalent egg beaters)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tsp baking powder
STEP BY STEP:
- Sift dry ingredients in bowl and stir in liquid ingredients with wire whisk or spoon until mixed. Do not beat.
- Rub griddle or fry pan with oil. Heat until water dropped from your hand bounces around. Drop about 1/2 ladel/1 large mixing spoon for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbled all over the top and brown on bottom. Flip, cook until brown on other side.
- Keep you griddle very hot at all times.
- Substitute 1 cup whole wheat flour for white flour.
- Substitute buttermilk for whole milk and 1 tsp baking SODA for 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- Put some pecan or walnut pieces in with your dry ingredients (this keeps them from sinking). Or put in some blueberries, also with dry ingredients.
- Increase your eggs. This will make them a little more like a crepe. Top with sliced apples, brown sugar and cinnamon and fold in half.