- 1/2 lb boneless chuck roast
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp. Lee and Perrin Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp beef bouillon powder (or two cubes)
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil (enough for browning)
- 1 large carrot cut into fine piece
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup barley
- In large kettle and add shortening (oil). Place meat in kettle and brown on both sides.
- Pour in six cups of water and add all other ingredients except barley. Bring to boil and reduce heat to low, cover, and cook meat until fork tender. This will take maybe two hours.
- When meat is tender, remove from kettle and place on plate to cool.
- Add barley to kettle and cook barley until large and tender.
- Cut meat into small pieces and add back into kettle.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0