- 1 Cup Barley
- 3 Cup water
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 medium Carrots
- 2 medium Parsnips
- 2 Cup Cabbage; chopped
- 1/2 Cup water (from cooking the vegetables)
- 2 Tbsp. Tamari
- 2 Tbsp. Nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 1/4 tsp. Caraway seeds
- 1 egg
- 1 Double crust 10-inch pie shell, unbaked
- Wash the barley. Place it in a large kettle with the water, and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour, or until the water is absorbed.
- While the barley is cooking, prepare the vegetables: chop the onion and slice the carrots and parsnips, and steam them, along with the cabbage, until they are tender-crisp.
- Mix together the cooked barley and vegetables. Add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture into an uncooked 10-inch pie shell. Cover with the top crust. Cut a whole into the top crust to let steam escape.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0