Barbecued Chicken Thighs
4 – 6 persons
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
375 calories, 19 g total fat, 5 g saturated fat, 129 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 37 g protein
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 2 1/2 lb chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
STEP BY STEP:
- For sauce, in a small saucepan combine brown sugar, onion, vinegar, mustard, celery seed, and garlic powder
- Bring to boiling, stirring until the sugar dissolves
- Remove from heat, set aside.
- Skin chicken, if desired. In a small mixing bowl combine paprika, turmeric, and salt then rub over the chicken
- Grill chicken on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 20 minutes
- Turn chicken, grill for 15 to 20 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Brush with sauce during the last 5 minutes of grilling or broiling.
Prepare sauce up to 48 hours ahead; cover and chill. Thread chunks of red sweet pepper, corn on the cob, and zucchini on skewers for a quick partner to grill with the chicken thighs.
To broiling the chicken you can place the chicken onthe unheated rack of a broiler pan, then broil 5 to 6 inches from the heat for 28 to 32 minutes, and turning once till the color changing to golden yellow.