Banana Spice Muffins
1 1/2 cups sifted flour
2 1/2 teaspoons Rumford Baking Powder
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped raisins
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon melted shortening
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup mashed banana
1. Sift flour, Rumford Baking Powder, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together, and add chopped raisins.
2. Combine eggs, shortening, milk and mashed banana together.
3. Add to dry mixture; stir lightly until moistenend.
4. Use a tablespoon to dip batter into greased muffin pans and fill 2/3 full.
5. Bake in a hot oven (400° F.) for 20 minutes, until brown.
Makes 12 muffins.