Banana Nut Bread
- 2-1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Cream together shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in bananas, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, and soda. Stir in nuts if desired.
- Pour batter into two greased 9 x 5 inch pans.
- Bake at 350º for 45 to 50 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0