Banana Date Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour or whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (about 3 large)
- 14 cup pineapple-orange juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oat bran, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg.
- Add bananas, juice, egg and vanilla. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in chopped dates.
- Fill muffin cups with paper liners or coat with nonstick cooking spray. Fill cups about 3/4 full with batter.
- Combine pecans and brown sugar for topping; sprinkle each muffin with topping.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and place on cooling rack. Yields 12 muffins
Share & Print
0 0 100 0