Banana Bread in a Jar
- 2-2/3 cups white sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups mashed, ripe bananas
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3-1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts
- In large bowl, cream sugar and shortening with electric mixer. Add eggs and mix well.
- Next, add buttermilk and vanilla and mix well
- Place dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well. Add creamed ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Gently stir in mashed bananas and nuts.
- Prepare seven one-pint wide-mouth canning jars with vegetable shortening. Do not use PAM.
- Place one cup of batter in each jar; do not use more than one cup or batter will overflow and jar will not seal.
- Place jars evenly spaced on a cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Working quickly, wipe rim, place lid and ring on jar and secure. Jars will seal quickly. Repeat with remaining jars.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0