Baked Potato Carrots Soup
- 3 medium or 2 large baking potatoes
- 5 baby carrots, sliced thin
- 1 10-1/2 ounce can cream of potato soup
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash onion powder
- Sliced green onions
- Shredded light cheddar cheese
- Imitation bacon bits
- Cook potatoes: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Scrub potatoes with vegetable brush and dry with paper towels. Pierce each potato 5 or 6 times with a fork and wrap in foil. Place potatoes in oven and bake for 1 hour. (Or microwave potatoes: Scrub, dry, pierce and microwave for about 15 minutes or until tender – test with fork.) Using oven mitts, remove potatoes from oven; let cool in foil for a few minutes until an adult can comfortably remove the foil. Allow to cool for 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are cool enough to handle, and peel skin off with hands, if desired.
- Place potatoes on cutting board and dice into cubes. Stir diced potato, carrots, soup, milk, pepper and onion powder into pot. Cook soup over low heat, stirring occasionally, until hot and carrots are tender.
- Place green onion, cheese and bacon bits in separate small dishes to use as toppings for soup. To serve, ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle with choice of toppings, if desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0