Baked Potato Bacon Soup
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 2-3/4 pounds)
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup (8-ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake potatoes at 350-degrees for 65-75 minutes or until tender; cool completely. Peel and cube potatoes.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil.Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in sour cream. Add potatoes and green onions. Garnish with bacon and cheese.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0