Baked Italian Sausage & Bread Stuffing
– 1/2 lb. sweet Italian sausage links, removed from casings and crumbled
– 1 large onion, chopped
– 1/2 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
– 1/2 cup chicken broth
– 1 jar (12 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained, patted dry and chopped
– 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
– 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
– 1 loaf (12 oz.) Italian bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
Preheat oven to 375°.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, 5 minutes. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Remove sausage and onion; set aside. Into skillet, stir in remaining ingredients except bread. Toss with bread.
In 13 x 9-inch baking dish, evenly spread bread mixture, then lightly press. Bake 30 minutes or until golden and heated through.
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes(s)
Cook Time: 40 Minutes(s)