Baked Goat Cheese Salad
– 1 tsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
– 1 bag (8 oz.) spring salad mix
– 2 medium oranges, peeled and sliced
– 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
– 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
– 1 piece (6 oz.) firm goat cheese, sliced into 6 rounds* and chilled
– 1 egg, slightly beaten
– 1/4 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
– 3/4 cup Wish-Bone® Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease baking sheet with Olive Oil; set aside.
On serving platter, arrange spring mix, then top with oranges, onion and pecans; set aside.
Evenly coat cheese with egg, then bread crumbs. On prepared baking sheet, arrange cheese. Bake, turning once, 7 minutes or until golden. Arrange cheese on salad.
Just before serving, drizzle with Wish-Bone® Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing.
*Use a piece of dental floss to easily slice goat cheese.
TIP: Cheese may be baked ahead and re-warmed just before serving. Or, heat Olive Oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet and cook cheese over medium-high heat, turning once, 3 minutes.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes(s)
Cook Time: 10 Minutes(s)
Nutrition Information per serving
Calories 320, Calories From Fat 210, Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 24g, Cholesterol 60mg, Saturated Fat 620mg, Total Carbohydrates 19g, Sugars 11g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 10g, Vitamin A 40%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 15g, Iron 8g