Baked Alaska Pie
- 2 cups coconut
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 8 oz. pkg. German Chocolate
- 8 large marshmallows
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 to 3 pints vanilla ice cream
- 4 egg whites
- 3 Tblsp. sugar
- Mix 2 C. of coconut with 1/4 C. of melted butter, and pat into a 9″ pie plate. Bake for about 20 minutes at 300 degrees until the coconut is lightly browned.
- In a double boiler, melt 1 package of German chocolate and eight large marshmallows along with 3/4 C. of milk until the mixture is smooth. Cool.
- In a separate bowl, let 2 to 3 pints of vanilla ice cream melt enough to a blending consistency, and mix in the cooled chocolate sauce. Pour into the coconut crust. Freeze.
- Make a meringue for the pie by beating 4 egg whites (room temperature) on high, gradually adding 3 Tbs. of sugar, until stiff peaks form.
- Bake for 2-3 minutes at 400 degrees or until the meringue is golden.
- Serve immediately
Share & Print
0 0 100 0