Autumn Harvest Pot Roast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 4 lb boneless rump roast, trim & tied
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups diced onions
- 1 can 14 1/2 oz. beef broth
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups cubed white turnips
- 1 pound red potatoes, quartered
- 3 c. butternut squash, peel, seed & dice 1 1/2″ pieces
- 3 cups zucchini, trim, cut 1/2″ semicircles
- Heat oven to 300°F
- Combine salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, cloves and ginger in small bowl. Pat meat with paper towels. Rub spice mixture all over meat.
- Heat oil over high heat in heavy roasting pan. Add meat & brown on all sides, about 10 min.. Remove meat.
- Add onions & cook 5 minutes. Return meat to pan; add beef broth, garlic & bay leaf. Cover & transfer to oven. Roast 2 hr.
- Add carrots, turnips, potatoes & butternut squash to pan; roast 30-45 minutes more or until meat & vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, bring 2″ water to boil in saucepan with steamer rack insert. Place zucchini on rack in pan. Cover & cook until tender, 5-7 min. Toss zucchini with vegetables.
- Transfer roast to cutting board. Let stand 5 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Slice roast across the grain.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0