Autumn Apple Cake
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups apples, peeled, cored & diced
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, beat eggs, oil, and vanilla until well combined.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, stirring to combine thoroughly.
- Add to egg mixture and stir to blend. Stir in apples and nuts.
- Spoon batter into a greased 9- by 13-inch baking pan, or a 10-inch fluted or plain tube pan.
- Bake until a skewer inserted in center comes out clean (30 to 40 minutes, or 40 to 50 minutes if using a tube pan).
- Cool 30 minutes in pan on rack before cutting.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0