Au Lait Ice Cream
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup half & half; or whipping cream
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
STEP BY STEP:
- Combine sugar, beaten eggs and milk in a medium saucepan.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture thickens and coats a spoon.
- Add coffee granules; stir in marshmallows and vanila until melted. Set aside to cool 15 minutes.
- Add half and half or whipping cream. Pour into ice-cream canister.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Makes about 1 quart.