- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 2 cans (14 oz) chicken broth
- 1 LB asparagus, cut in pieces
- 1 tsp dried summer savory
- Sour Cream to taste
- Melt butter in sauce pan, add onion & cook until tender, stirring a couple times, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add flour, stir & cook 1-2 minutes. Slowly add chicken broth, stirring while you bring it to a boil.
- Add asparagus & spice. Reduce to a simmer & cook until asparagus is tender. Allow to cool slightly. Drain reserving liquid.
- Place asparagus mixture in a blender & process gradually adding 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Return mixture to the sauce pan, season with salt & pepper to taste, simmer until hot & serve with a spoon of sour cream on top.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0