Asparagus Salmon Pie
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 1/2 C. chopped onion
- 2 T. butter
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 C. milk
- 2 T fresh minced parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 can (14 3/4 oz) pink salmon, cleaned and flaked
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pastry shell
- Place asparagus in saucepan with enough water to cover. Cook until crisp-tender. Drain well. Reserve 6 spears for garnish, cut remaining spears into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, sauté onion in butter until tender. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix eggs, milk, parsley, basil, salt and salmon. Add sautéed onion.
- Place cut asparagus in pastry shell, top with salmon mixture. Arrange reserved asparagus spears spoke fashion on top. Cover edges of crust with foil to prevent over-browning.
- Bake at 425º for 30-35 minutes or till filling is set.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0