- 1 1/2 LB asparagus, trimmed & uniform length
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- Dash salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Romaine lettuce, shredded (enough for 6)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, finely diced
- Cook the bacon until crisp, drain all but 1 tsp of the bacon fat & crumble on a paper towel.
- Clean & trim the asparagus & boil until it is tender crisp. Drain & set aside. Combine, in the bacon pan, the vinegar, sugar, salt & pepper & heat thoroughly.
- Add the asparagus & cook at low heat until the asparagus is heated through.
- Arrange the shredded lettuce on 6 plates & divide the asparagus among them.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the asparagus, garnish with the green onions, diced eggs & bacon bits.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0