Asparagus Red Pepper Soup
- 2 lbs. asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 roasted red pepper diced
- (1/3-1/2 cup total)
- 1 can evaporated skim milk
- Pepper to taste
- Place asparagus and broth into 4 qt pan and simmer for 15 minutes, until tender.
- Puree asparagus/broth in blender. Take out some pieces for a chunkier consistency if you wish.
- Put puree back in pan and add red pepper, any reserved asparagus, black pepper, and can of milk.
- Heat until thickened to your liking.
Note: You can add some thickener (flour, cornstarch) to hasten the process. Start the pepper roasting at about the same time as the asparagus.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0