Asparagus with Parsley and Ham Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 ounce serrano ham or prosciutto — diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock or water
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- salt and freshly ground pepper — to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 to 18 medium thick asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- In a small pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil, add the garlic and the ham, and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add the stock and parsley and cook another minute or two. Season with sat, pepper, and lemon juice to taste and set aside. Sparingly trim the stalk end of each asparagus.
- Lightly brush each spear with the remaining oil. Heat a well-seasoned griddle or nonstick pan and when hot sprinkle the griddle or pan with the coarse salt.
- Add the asparagus, cover, and cook until lightly charred on one side. Turn and cook them, uncovered, until they are limp. Divide and arrange on serving plates. Serve immediately.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0