Artichoke Oyster Soup
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shallots (chopped fine)
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 14 oz chicken broth (more or less won’t hurt)
- 4 cups oysters Drained; reserve liquid, or use less, to taste
- 14 oz cooked artichoke hearts
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp parsley (chopped fresh)
- In a 3-quart casserole, melt butter and sauté shallots. When shallots are translucent, add thyme, bay leaf, and cayenne pepper. Add flour and whisk well.
- Add broth, oyster water, artichoke hearts, salt, and tabasco. Bring to a boil.
- Add oysters and parsley. Simmer on medium, partly covered, for exactly 5 minutes. Add whipped cream and serve immediately.
Notes: Fresh parsley tastes much better than dried parsley.
If the oysters are bigger than a small bite-size, cut them up before adding them to the soup.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0